TLDR: If you’re in a hurry the Webflow is the Best Website Builder! While WordPress is better if you’re on a budget.
Building a website from scratch today is much easier than it used to be. A reliable and good website builder could make you a professional overnight. A website builder provides templates that you can customize according to your personality. You can start a blog, make a landing page, create a homepage, a forum, a store, a forum discussion, and much more without coding skills. Other options include helping you build your online brand.
Website builders have gotten better over the years. Having many website builders on the market today makes it tricky to find the right one for you.
Before we list the best website builders, let’s look at how to choose the right website builder. If you are unsure of what you want, check out the essential features a website builder must have given below.
Essential features of a Website Builder
- Easy to use: Website builders should be very straightforward to use. It should enable you to create and launch a website as quickly as possible. If the interface is difficult to use and understand, it could waste your time. A clean and organized interface ensures that the job’s quick and effortless.
- Pricing: Look for website builders that offer the most value for the price. Look out for any additional or extra costs. Some website builders offer free plans or trial accounts. But these may have limited features or storage.
- Quality of templates: The templates offered by the website builder need to be of good quality. They need to be clean, modern, and mobile-friendly with customizable designs. It makes the website more attractive and gives you enough room to add your features.
- Plugins: Plugins help boost the website’s flexibility by creating an intuitive user experience design. It attracts more people to your website and makes them engage more with it.
- Powerful SEO tools: Search engine optimization will increase the ranking of your website on the result pages. A powerful SEO tool increases the website’s visibility, and the readability of the content increases organic traffic and boosts your digital marketing strategies. Website builders with a powerful SEO tool ensure that your website ranks high.
- Great customization options: A website builder with customization tools allows you to change the look and the feel of the website. You can change the website’s themes, background, or color from time to time to make it more attractive. Access to templates’ HTML/CSS codes gives you more advanced options for customization.
- Reliable security features: Website builders must provide security solutions or security plugins. Most website builders offer free SSL certificates. It ensures that your website is a hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) site. It encrypts all the information on your website such as sensitive customer data.
- eCommerce solutions: eCommerce solutions or tools allow you to sell products on your website. A website builder may provide a built-in online store or an integrated third-party application. Dedicated eCommerce builders have additional tools and features to build a full-function online store.
- Compatibility with web hosting: For easier integration and website monitoring, ensure that the website builder you choose is compatible with the popular web hosting services. If the website builder is fully hosted you don’t have to pay to make your site appear on various servers.
- Website analytics and reports: It lets you track the daily visitors to your website. Website builders that allow third-party analytics integration (like Google Analytics) are an added advantage.
- Customer Support: Having excellent customer support can go a long way in making website building an easy and stress-free process. It saves you a lot of time and frustration. A website builder with knowledgeable customer support can help you find the right solutions to your problems.
Make sure the website builder can handle your needs as your business grows.
Best Website Builders 2024
Webflow is excellent for those with no technical knowledge and developers and designers alike. It is an easy-to-use DIY site builder for beginners and provides complex functionality to professionals. It has great features and professionally-designed templates perfect for your brand and goals.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/SpicyAbsence “The clients love the interface, so do the devs, and so do the designers. That’s why it’s winning so much ground and you hear the Webflow name so often. Give Webflow a go on the free trial and test the experience out with one of their templates”
u/insynco “I love Webflow. For me, it beats any other CMS platform I’ve used. It’s flexible, stable, and intuitive. Lots of excellent tutorials available online and fantastic support. The only downside is the high price, but I suppose you get what you pay for.”
u/Insane_Tobi “I sometimes find myself comparing Webflow to photoshop. You can customize every detail of every aspect of your site. All this comes at a very reasonable price. The site builder itself is free. Webflow has a lot (and I mean a lot) of very detailed and quite entertaining videos to learn the program/workflow step by step which helped me a lot in the beginning.”
- Backup and security: Webflow provides automatic backups so you can restore your site if something goes wrong. It also comes with a free SSL certificate. This makes personal information on your site more secure.
- SEO Control: Webflow lets you edit metadata, create image alt text, and target keywords. It also offers automatically generated sitemaps and customizable 301 redirects.
- eCommerce features: Webflow has incredible eCommerce features like multiple payment options, automatic tax calculation, and Facebook and Instagram integration.
- Customer Support: Web flows has a help center called Webflow University. This online resource gives you information on how to use the platform and how specific integrations work. They also have a Webflow community forum where users discuss the platform and share experiences. Customer support is reachable via email.
- Pricing: Webflow has various plans for blogs, eCommerce, small businesses, and big enterprises. It is value for money as Webflow offers greater creative control and scalability. The free plan has standard elements and is perfect for those who want to build a simple website.
2. Squarespace – Most Popular Website Builder
Squarespace is a dream for creatives and comes highly recommended. It has some of the best quality designs and functionality compared to its competitors. It has incredible website templates and rich features. Its ease of use, design, pricing and tools make it a winner.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/Timely_Replacement39 “Squarespace is the best option out there imo. Easy drag and drop interface and they provide a full solution (so you don’t need to worry about getting a server and taking care of it, optimizing it, securing your website, etc – they do it all for you) They have some of the best free templates I have seen. They offer a free trial with no credit card necessary.”
u/Retiredclog32 “First of all Squarespace has a free trial. It’s a super easy plug-and-play solution. they take care of the server (speed, security, etc), they take care of updates, plugins, etc. Also, I connect with the interface very well. The team who made it did a great job and it’s very intuitive to use. I made some gorgeous websites in a very short time and without too much effort.”
u/Emsteroo “For the simplicity and efficacy of Squarespace I’m willing to pay the price. It is expensive but it’s so much easier than other platforms and the templates look very professional. Compared to paying a designer it’s good value. All in all, the price is worth it for me and my biz.”
- Security: Squarespace offers free SSL certificates that encrypt any information entered on your website. It also has built-in security to fight malware and bugs. Its DDoS protection secures your website from malicious traffic.
- Backups and restores: You can restore deleted pages up to 30 days after deleting them. Squarespace makes backup copies of all websites. It is stored in primary and secondary servers and physical and off-site storage disks.
- SEO tools: Squarespace has great SEO as all its pages follow SEO best practices. It allows you to manage titles, adding keywords and alt text to make your website rank higher on the results page.
- Social Media Integration: Squarespace links accounts from 20 social platforms to share the content. It allows you to sync with Dropbox to provide access to photo collections and import content to your website from Instagram and other platforms.
- Design Customization: Squarespace offers very stylish and aesthetic templates. All templates are mobile responsive. These templates are highly flexible. You can replace images, add or delete elements and manage multiple pages at once. It gives you the freedom to express your style in the templates.
Pixpa is the most recommended, affordable and feature-rich website builder for creatives on Reddit. It’s an all-in-one, no-code website builder that allows creatives to build portfolio websites without coding expertise. Pixpa has an integrated online store, a dynamic blog, mobile-first templates, client galleries, ecommerce galleries, and a photo gallery app.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/oliviagreenyc “As a photography student, I would love to recommend Pixpa as a pocket-friendly website builder and super easy to use. You can create private or public galleries for your clients with a unique link for each album. Also, you can track when or who is accessing your galleries. Pixpa has a lot of marketing integration tools like Mailchimp, Sumo, Booking Bug, and many others. SEO capability seems legit. I hope it’ll help.”
u/Filmeffective_ “I’m loving how my website looks right now both on mobile and desktop. Just discovered you can have galleries with integrated ecommerce so when anyone is checking out your projects they can literally buy a print then and there! I used to use CarbonMade, but now integrated sales are my number one criteria. I’m getting to know Pixpa’s features better and it seems like a really powerful ecommerce website actually. ”
u/donotfretcitizen “I bought a domain on Google Domains (super cheap) and then set up a site using Pixpa(paid, but worth it, in my opinion). It works for what I need for a stunning portfolio website.”
- Online store: Easily build your online store with Pixpa’s no-bode website builder without writing a single line of code. And start selling in minutes.
- Ecommerce galleries: Sell your work online through prints, canvases, gallery wraps, digital downloads, etc. Create your product categories and have complete control over what you want to sell.
- Client galleries: Showcase your work with beautiful online galleries that match your brand identity. Your clients can proof your work and mark their favorites.
- Photo gallery app: Easily create a mobile gallery to share a sneak peek of your work.
- Beautiful templates: Choose from over 150+ customizable and responsive templates. You can switch to a different template even after the site is live.
- Powerful marketing tools: Reap the benefits of built-in marketing tools like SEO manager, Marketing Popups, and an Announcement Bar for driving traffic to your website and increasing conversions.
- 24/7 support: Get round-the-clock live chat and email customer support
4. WordPress – Best Budget Website Builder
WordPress is the most robust website builder and is free too! WordPress may not be for everyone. If you need more control and customization then WordPress is a great choice. It has an easy-to-use dashboard and a straight-out-of-the-box web design setup. You can get the precise look and setup for your website with WordPress.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/FestingerVault “I think WordPress can be used for simple static websites as well, especially with the Elementor Template Kits, which can be used to make very simple and basic websites. WordPress is great as it creates a solid base for your website. WordPress has been leading and I think it can be used for any website.”
u/Zazenp “WordPress Pros: can be made into almost any type of site you need, can be on any hosting solutions you want, usually cheaper if you get basic hosting packages, SEO can be fantastic if you do it right, easy to find developers”
u/CharlieandtheRed “WordPress is great for clients who update their content a lot or have dynamic content needs (blog posts, events, etc). I’ve got about 250+ WordPress sites under my belt in 10+ years”
- Great functionality and product design: If you know how to work the theme and use WordPress you can hope to have a final product that looks like you expected. Once you know how to tweak the theme you will have a fully functional site and professional design. You can add plugins to increase the functionality of your site.
- Dashboard: The Dashboard hosts the back end of the website. You can add plugins, change settings, edit your navigation menus, and much more from the Dashboard. It is easy to use even if you are not a professional web designer. You can use Dashboard widgets to enhance its main overview.
- Customizability: Some customization features are plugins, settings, menus, and widgets. It ensures that everything looks the way you want it. You can edit general site settings on the WordPress Dashboard.
- SEO Optimization: WordPress has SEO-friendly features with its code streamlined and clean. The best way to improve your SEO performance is by keeping the add-ons to a minimum.
- Security: WordPress offers websites regular core software updates to keep them secure. It notifies users when new updates are available. Software updates prevent vulnerabilities that lead to hacking.
5. Hostinger – Best for Website Customization and Design Flexibility
Hostinger is a versatile website builder that is designed keeping individuals and small businesses in mind. Currently, it caters to over 29 million users and is known for its simplicity and excellent performance.
Hostinger has a simple drag-and-drop builder that helps create unique pages. The platform also has Zyro builder- which is a paid version that gives you optimum performance for customizing and creating small to medium-sized business sites.
Hostinger has 130 templates and can make your website glow right from the start. You can customize every aspect of these templates to make them look innovative and suit your brand identity. No matter what, all the websites made using this platform look modern and genuinely good. All in all, Hostinger is an affordable website builder to build professional-looking websites quickly.
What Redditors say about it
u/Odd-section-8229 “I’ve been using Hostinger, and I like it a lot. Don’t go with the other options in the market”.
u/StraightAssociate “I have been a Hostinger customer for about a year. I’ve no problems with them at all. It is hard to beat its 4-year $45 on its shared hosting service”.
1. Ease of use- Hostinger comes with a grid-based drag and drop editor, which is one of the easiest to use. It gives you a good amount of creative freedom without overwhelming it. This is great if you are looking for a straightforward, no-frills attached website to accompany your business. It will provide you with basic needs; however, if you want something more advanced, then you will need some coding knowledge to achieve it.
2. Design- Hostinger has a collection of stylish and reliable mobile-optimized templates which are perfect for promoting small businesses. You can also build from scratch, which allows you to add your own unique touch to it.
3. Built-in AI tools- Hostinger offers a range of powerful artificial intelligence tools, even on the basic plan, that helps you build a strong brand online.
4. Free Email for three months- Hostinger offers a free email plan for 3 months so you can get your business started on the right track without having to pay for these tools.
5. Blogging tools- The blogging tools with Hostinger are basic but are quite functional. It is easy to start with; however, using the blogging tool can get slightly more difficult. Editing these posts on the Hostinger website Builder doesn’t look like Google Docs or WordPress, or other platforms that are meant for writing.
Hostinger performs well in terms of pricing and value for money. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee across its plans, so you can build your website without any risk. Hostinger offers a website package starting at $2.79 per month and $4.99 for business plans. It also comes with different hosting plans to get you going.
6. Shopify – Best Website Builder For Ecommerce Stores
Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce website builder which is very easy to use. It is the ideal solution if you want to build a website to sell products. It is a quick and affordable way to create an online store. It is a well-maintained platform with excellent website management.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/cubic-dissection “Shopify offers a ton of value, particularly for a new seller or someone not very tech-inclined. As a retailer, you want to spend your time on marketing, CS, and (hopefully) fulfillment. Shopify isn’t perfect but they take care of a lot of stuff to the point it becomes largely transparent. They also scale well if your store becomes successful.”
u/paulpaul25 “If you are not a web developer, stick with Shopify. The truth is, for most of its alternatives you’ll be spending a lot more time or money (if you hire someone) making the smallest things look good and be 100% functional.”
u/Fulfillrite “From my research, it’s really hard to compete with Shopify’s mix of function, simplicity, and low prices.”
- Easy to use: It has a clear and simple interface which makes it easy for beginners to understand and use. There is a step-by-step Shopify guide to assist you in your journey.
- Good value for money: Shopify has a 14-day free trial with no pressure to sign up. It has three main plans starting from $9 per month. Shopify offers unlimited products, abandoned cart recovery, and multichannel integration.
- Themes: Shopify themes are clean and appealing. They contain a customizable content section on the home page, drop-down navigation support, free theme updates, social media icons, and free stock photos.
- Sales tools and features: Shopify offers analytics, abandoned cart recovery, and multiple payment gateways. Some of its sales tools and features are apps, shipping, dropshipping, product management, digital selling, tax, and POS.
- SEO Tools: Shopify has an excellent range of SEO tools and covers all essential areas from header code to custom URLs.
- Security: Shopify stores are automatically secure. It offers protection against cyber threats. It runs updates and meets compliance requirements for online transactions.
Wix is one of the top recommendations by Redditors for the best website builder. It makes it super easy to create a professional website with its drag-and-drop editor. It is beginner-friendly and scalable, making it the best all-around website builder on the market. It offers great creative control and is very easy to use.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/web-dev-kid “I built two Wix sites for SEO clients a few years ago and they both started ranking well within a matter of months. They’ve been solidly on the first page ever since. Wix is not the best for speed, but the sites can still do well.”
u/t-brave “I use Wix and love it. I sell craft supplies and have about 5,000 products. I take about 100 orders per day on average. I’ve had really good luck with customer service. I’ve had an overall good experience and am glad to be standalone. I don’t pay a percentage of my sales to Wix, just the monthly fee. I get very few complaints or questions about how to use my site from my customers.”
u/djkamayo “What makes Wix the best one is that you customize ANYTHING on it the exact way you want. With the other website builders, you are only limited to the template you are using”
- Security: Wix offers an SSL certificate to make your website extra secure. It also has hosting plans with 99.98% uptime reliability and extra features like automatic backups and safe storage of copies of your site. Their security measures meet the highest industry standards.
- Wix Editors: Wix has two editors: Wix ADI and Wix Editor. Wix ADI designs websites based on answers you give to a few questions. With Wix Editor you can use the drag-and-drop functionality to reposition anything on your website.
- Value for money: Wix has it all free plans, paid plans, and a money-back guarantee. Its high-end business solution, Wix Enterprise, has a custom plan. They also have plans specifically for eCommerce. You get more value for money with long term plans as you end up paying less.
- Great templates: Wix has over 800 templates that are professionally designed. These designs are up-to-date and trendy. The templates are mobile responsive. They are categorized into types of websites to make it easy for you to choose.
- Design Customization: Wix offers you the creative freedom you need. Making tweaks to the templates is very easy with just a few clicks. It has professional photos, graphics, and a video library. It helps you make your website look attractive and saves you time.
8. Weebly – Cheap Starting Point for Small Business Websites
Weebly is highly regarded and known for its low price and feature-rich website builder. The platform has more than 50 million websites currently live. It has a simple editor that makes use of all skill levels to build a stylish website in just minutes. The versatile drag and drop editor makes it highly beginner-friendly, so you can design a website without any coding knowledge.
Weebly is an excellent option for cheap website creation, and it has powerful design tools and third-party integrations. Further, they have a mobile app that helps you build and edit websites on the go.
Additionally, the platform has advanced search engine optimization features that’ll help with your ranking game to drive more targeted traffic to your website.
What Redditors say about it
- U/paul_caspian- “I use Weebly as my main website builder, and I really like it. It is easy to pick and is highly customizable. It isn’t s customizable as WP; however, think of it as a big Lego set, but WP is focused on completely from scratch”.
- U/N_I_N- “I use Weebly and love it very much. My site ranks number one for all the searches that I am shooting for. My site is pretty simple, and it has 8 pages with straightforward information about my business. It is geared mostly toward local small businesses, and it is easy to use and works. Since I am the one who edits my site and I am not very experienced at web design so it is a good fit for me.”
- Ease of use- Weebly is very simple to use, and you can utilize its drag and drop editing, where you can drag sections of the block around the design of your site as you can preview these sections live before it goes live. You also have the ability to code it, but it is not necessary.
- Design- It has a range of blogging templates, so you can switch your template anytime you want.
- eCommerce features- Weebly comes with advanced eCommerce features that allow you to grow your website online. Everything you need to start setting up an online shop can be done with this platform.
- Third-party integrations- Weebly has several third-party integrations that help extend the functionality of your website, blog, or online store.
Weebly offers website plans with reasonable prices to make you happy. It has a free plan where you can check different features of the plan; however, it is limited compared to its premier plan. The Personal plan is priced at $6 per month. The Professional plan is priced at $12 per month, with the highest plan- the Performance plan, priced at $26 per month.
9. Strikingly – Good for Cheap One-Page Portfolios
Strikingly is a reliable website builder used for creating professional one-page portfolios. The platform has a beginner-friendly editor interface that helps you in creating pages as per your needs. All the elements of the page can be edited without requiring any coding or technical expertise
The platform offers strong customer support that allows a smooth path for building successful websites. You can email your issues to the support team for an in-depth solution.
Strikingly interface may be basic for experienced users, but it is perfect for first-time site builders that are planning to create single-page websites or small portfolios to help showcase their work digitally.
What Redditors say about it
- U/dstlouis- “Strikingly is pretty chill, and if you have good photos, then you have a professional-looking website up in 2 hours. It runs fast too”.
- U/clasywebsite- “Strikingly is a website builder that makes creating your next beautiful website easy and fun. Let Strikingly take your website to the next level”.
- Ease of use- Strikingly is very easy to use, and you can build a website within a short period. Its versatile editor allows you to customize every aspect without requiring any coding or technical expertise. However, the ease of use works against it; as you become more experienced, you will quickly outgrow what it has to offer.
- Design- Strikingly has a good range of templates, but they are not boring, but they are not ground-breaking either. They do their job and help build an attractive website to push the boundaries of design with limited customization after a while.
- Huge bandwidth and storage- The plans on the platform have good storage and bandwidth making it a good choice for growing websites.
- SEO and marketing tools- Strikingly has a range of marketing tools that support both email and live chat. It can create popups to grow your lists to promote deals. The SEO features let you add a custom SEO title and meta description for each page.
- Membership sites and content restriction- Strikingly helps create restricted content and membership sites. These pages can help create members-only pages that are visible to logged-in members.
Strikingly is a cheap website builder that comes with 3 plans to get you started. The Limited plan is priced at $12 per month, with the Pro plan priced at $20 per month. If you want advanced features, you can go for the VIP plan, priced at $59 per month. You can purchase the plans on yearly subscriptions to get a good discount on them. The platform also comes with a forever free plan, so you can check its features without paying a single dime.
10. Webnode – Best for Businesses on a Budget
Webnode is a popular website builder having a user-friendly interface that provides excellent value for money. The platform severs over 40 million users and comes with a powerful drag and drop editor that makes it very easy to use. Even if you have never built a website before, with Webnode, you can create a host of websites easily.
Webnode lets you build any type of website using its versatile editor. Whether you are planning to create a content-based site or sell goods online, the software covers everything.
The platform supports multilingual websites with good backup and restore options. It comes with a free plan and multiple premium options to choose from. You can build and manage your site on different devices. It isn’t a major player in the website-building market, but it is one of the cheapest website builders in the market.
What Redditors say about it
- U/alexalex99000- “I would suggest Webnode, it is easy to set up, and you can edit your site for free as long as you are able to publish it for everyone”.
- U/SegioP75- “Use Webnode, and you will do everything from the browser without requiring you to learn or install anything. And you can solve everything together, maintenance and hosting, all coming with a single annual payment”.
- Ease of use- Webnode is not particularly rich in terms of features, but it is straightforward, making it ideal for beginners. Everything is designed for simplicity and ease of signup process to create brand-aligned websites.
- Design- Webnode has a range of templates that cover different categories, and each of the categories has dozens of options in it, allowing you to choose the best layout to meet your unique needs.
- Blogging and SEO- Webnode has built-in SEO tools that are designed to boost visibility on the internet. It also has good blogging features that help create unique blog designs and layouts.
- Robust analytics- Webnode allows you to connect your website using Google Analytics and offers detailed insights into the activity of your visitors. This helps you know different metrics to see what they want to see and like about your website.
- Membership- Membership registration lets you restrict access to selected pages of your site. This allows you to lock specific pages and make them available to members.
Webnode has a growth-focused plan that helps you build reliable websites efficiently. The builder is priced at $4 per month, with the highest plan priced at $22.90 per month. Each of these plans comes with a custom domain, premium support, and a powerful form builder feature. You can also create and run a website for free, but it is slightly limited.
11. GoDaddy – Good Cheap Small Business Website Builder
GoDaddy is a website builder designed to be suitable for beginners in the market today. It stands out for its powerful features with competitive pricing compared to other website builders. The platform has a versatile drag and drop builder, so you can get started without much hassle.
GoDaddy comes with a range of built-in apps and add-ons, so you don’t have to search for third-party integrations to enhance the functionality of your website. These features provide complete security and compatibility.
GoDaddy comes with great support during its website creation journey, and you can easily build your dream website to suit your brand identity.
What Redditors say about it
- U/garvisgarvis- “I agree for people who are not knowledgeable, GoDaddy has everything under one roof and one call to resolve any support issues. One reason GoDaddy has been successful it is a one-stop shop. And another thing, I know the second hand that for devs, they are pretty decent in terms of pay and flexibility”.
- U/bronkula- “Some people shop for a deal, while some pay for convenience. GoDaddy is an alright service if you are planning to pay for convenience. And saving 50% on 20 dollars a year is not the savings you are making it out to be”.
- Ease of use- GoDaddy is simple and beginner-friendly, as it does most of the hard work for you. It makes use of Artificial Design Intelligence which asks a few questions to create a personalized website for you.
- Design- GoDaddy comes with a range of templates, and you can edit each of them efficiently. These templates can be edited in such a way as to fit your brand identity.
- High-quality images- GoDaddy comes with tons of high-quality license-free images for your website. This helps save you money on additional subscriptions to stock images.
GoDaddy comes with a free plan that is ideal for small personal projects. If you are building a business website, then you can sign up for it paid plan starting from $9.99 per month. If you want eCommerce functionality, then you can select the plan of $16.99 per month.
When choosing the right website builder for your business or brand you must know what you are looking for. The website builder that you choose should be customizable enough to give your visitors the best experience. The design of your website should be something that will grab the attention of your viewers effortlessly. The website builders that we have listed above will help you do just that and much more.