TLDR; NordVPN (Best VPN Reddit 2023) doesn’t have a Free Trial But if you Click The Button below, you can sign up for NordVPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!
Choosing a VPN can be a very daunting task. To make matters even worse, there are hundreds of options available out there. Each one of them makes claims that make it very hard to ignore. Sure there are multiple guides available that make this tedious task of choosing a VPN comparatively easier but there’s nothing like the first-hand experience. So wouldn’t it be great if there were VPNs that would allow you to try them out before you decide whether to buy them or not? Well lucky for you, there are. And in today’s article we are going to look at a few such VPNs that allow free trials. For the purpose of the article we will also be including VPNs that have a money-back guarantee. Albeit different, both these serve the same purpose: let you try out the product and decide whether or not you want to continue with them. And both of them don’t cost you any money (i.e technically if you cancel the subscription before the money-back guarantee period). But before that let us look at what a VPN trial is and how having a free VPN trial can be beneficial for us.
How is a VPN free trial helpful?
The primary purpose of a free trial is to provide you with a sample before you can buy the product. So you try out the features and see if it matches your expectations. VPNs are generally very expensive. But most established VPN providers have a discount on some of their plans. The only downside is these discounts are applied only to the long duration plans. Now that won’t bother you if you already know which VPN to choose. However if you are someone who isn’t sure about the VPN, opting for the plan doesn’t make much sense. This is where a free trial comes in handy. Even the money-back guarantee can serve you the same purpose as you can cancel it and get a refund.
A free trial also gives you access to all the premium features of the VPN. At Least all good VPNs do and you should avoid ones that don’t. Using this free trial, you can test the VPN and see if it works properly. You can test whether it has servers in the most major and appropriate locations, as well as see if it can unblock the content that you want to access. Some VPNs restrict your data usage and total bandwidth limit. Some also give you a reduced speed and let you connect to a small number of servers. This won’t give you the complete experience. So before opting for a free trial, make sure the provider allows you access to all its premium features and not just a few limited ones.
Best VPN Free Trial No Credit Card Reddit
For this we tried out several VPNs that offered a free trial. We checked each one out to see how they performed and whether or not all their features worked. So after checking them all out, here’s our top picks for the best VPNs with a free trial. We have divided it into 2 sections. The first one includes VPNs with a free trial and the second one consists of VPNs with a money-back guarantee.
1. PrivateVPN – 7 Day Free VPN Trial Without Credit Card
The first VPN on this list is a VPN which provides a 100% free trial and doesn’t require any card details for this. PrivateVPN gives you a 7-day free trial that gives you access to all its premium features. This helps you in trying them out and seeing if they meet your requirements. The features are as follows.
- ZERO Data Logging Policy: They come under the Swedish privacy laws which means that there are NO traffic logs records that can be seized by governments.
- IPv6 Leak Protection: It comes with an IPv6 Leak Protection which protects your identity even if you’re suddenly disconnected from the VPN
- 2048-bit Encryption With AES-256: It has the highest level of encryption which is used even by government militaries
- 6 Simultaneous Connections: PrivateVPN allows you to connect up to 6 different devices simultaneously.
- Killswitch Feature: The Killswitch feature automatically suspends your internet connection if you disconnect from your VPN, preventing data leaks.
- VPN Protocol: PrivateVPN supports VPN protocols such as OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IKEv2 And IPSec
- Anonymous Torrenting / P2P Friendly: PrivateVPN allows you to use any P2P traffic that you want.
- Port Forwarding: PrivateVPN also supports port forwarding which is useful in many cases.
PrivateVPN has three different plans you can choose from.
- Monthly: This is priced at $7.67 and is the most expensive among all its plans
- 3-month plan: This plan costs $14.63 and is billed once per 3 months. The per month cost for this plan is $4.88
- 12-month plan: This is their most popular plan. It costs $49.68 and is billed once in 12 months. The per month cost for this plan is $3.82. At the time of writing this article, they are offering a free extra month for this plan. This makes it a 13-month plan.
2. ProtonVPN – Free Trial Without Credit Card For Premium Version
ProtonVPN has a basic free tier plan that has limited functionalities. But this isn’t what we are looking for. It’s the 7-day free trial that free users get that has us interested. Another good thing is that it doesn’t require any card details. You just need a valid email address to avail of it. You could also use a temporary email if you want. So here the features the VPN had that we tested out and liked.
- Strong Encryption: ProtonVPN uses the highest strength encryption to protect your Internet connection. All network traffic is encrypted with AES-256 along with a 4096-bit RSA Key.
- Forward Secrecy: The traffic encrypted by Proton VPN cannot be captured and decrypted in case there is a compromised encryption key. A new encryption key is generated for every connection, so a key is used only once for a single session.
- Strong Protocols: Proton VPN uses protocols that are known to be secure. These are IKEv2/IPSec and OpenVPN. ProtonVPN does not use PPTP and L2TP/IPSec, as they are not that reliable anymore.
- Swiss Based: ProtonVPN is based in Switzerland and is protected by some of the world’s strongest privacy laws. It remains outside the jurisdiction of the US and EU. So they won’t be forced to spy on their users.
- Physical Security: ProtonVPN has a Secure Core server that is very protected which ensures their security isn’t compromised. Their servers in Sweden are located in an underground data center. They ship their equipment and hence ensure that their servers remain secure even at the hardware level.
- No Logs Policy: ProtonVPN is not obligated to save any user connection logs. This allows them to ensure that the browsing activities of their users remain secure and won’t be turned over to any third-parties.
- DNS Leak Prevention: ProtonVPN also protects its users’ DNS queries. They do this by routing their DNS queries through an encrypted tunnel. They also ensure that the users’ activities and identities aren’t compromised by a DNS leak.
- Kill Switch and Always-on VPN: ProtonVPN comes with a Kill Switch feature. So if there’s a scenario where your connection is interrupted for the VPN server, Kill Switch blocks all network traffic from leaving the network. These protect the user from compromising their privacy in case of a network error and make sure their true IP address isn’t revealed.
- Tor over VPN: ProtonVPN has built-in Tor support. So all of the users’ traffic is routed through the Tor anonymity network. This also enables users to access dark web sites and Onion sites without compromising their privacy.
What Reddit thinks about Proton VPN
u/Blackshiny: I’ve been using ProtonVPN for a few weeks now and am beyond happy how good the speed and the stability of the service is. Props to the whole team and developers!
u/foshi22le: I trust Protonmail/VPN much more than my Government or ISP. My Government stores all of our meta-data for 2 years. Apparently more than just the Government now has access to that data, after promises from the Government it will only be available to law enforcement.
u/twillrose47: I like Proton a lot. Clean interface, good speed, lots of options – P2P+killswitch+SecureCore. If you want to trial it, you get a week for free by signing up for a protonmail account.
Once you are satisfied with the VPN here are the plans ProtonVPN has to offer if you choose to upgrade:
- Free Plan: This is the limited free tier plan. It has the following features: 3 Countries,1 Device, and Medium Speed.
- Basic Plan: This plan costs 4€/mo and 48 € yearly. So you save 12 € if you opt for the yearly plan.
- Plus Plan: This offers the best value among all plans that ProtonVPN has to offer. This plan costs 8€/mo and 96 € yearly. So you save 24 € if you opt for the yearly plan.
- Visionary: This is the highest plan ProtonVPN has to offer. This plan costs 24€/mo and 288 € yearly. So you save 72 € if you opt for the yearly plan.
3. Hotspot Shield – Free VPN Trial Without Credit Card
Hotspot Shield is another highly popular free VPN. Like the other 2 VPNs on this list, it also has a paid plan that it calls “Elite”. It also provides a free 7-day trial without needing card details as long as you have a valid email address. So these are a few of its features.
- WebRTC blocker: Hotspot Shield has a WebRTC blocker feature that masks your IP address and prevents websites from discovering your Ip address.
- Unblock geo-restricted content: Hotspot Shield encrypts the users’ traffic. This enables them to “access restricted content, blocked websites, messaging apps, and social media sites.” which they wouldn’t be able to access generally.
- Secure all online activities: Hotspot Shield masks the users’ IP address and protects their identity from third parties and ISPs. This provides maximum privacy and security.
- Unlimited VPN access: Hotspot Shield has no restrictions on bandwidth, data, or time. So users can stay connected to their secure VPN servers as long as they want.
- Premium security features: Hotspot Shield provides features such as blocking websites and advertisers trackers and restricts them from monitoring and tracking the users’ online activities. They also have a few other additional security features.
- Multiple Devices: Up to 5 devices can be connected at the same time
Hotspot shield has two different plans.
- Monthly Plan: This is priced at $12.99 and is their most expensive plan.
- 12-month plan: This plan costs $95.88 and is billed once every 12 months. The per month cost for this plan is $7.99. So you save $60.00 if you opt for their yearly plan.
4. HideMyAss VPN – 7 Day Free Trial Without Credit Card
The last VPN on our list of VPN with free trials is HideMyAss VPN. Like the others on this list, it also offers a free 7-day trial. The only difference is that it requires you to enter your card details for the trial. You don’t need to worry about that as you won’t be charged as long as you cancel before the trial period ends. So let us see what HideMyAss has to offer.
- Smart Kill Switch: HideMyAss has a Kill Switch which makes sure there are no data leaks if a connection drops in any of the VPN servers. You can also designate apps to automatically launch HMA whenever you start them up.
- Split-Tunneling: With HideMyAss’s Split-Tunneling you can choose which applications go through HMA VPN, while everything else connects to the web normally. So you can stream movies from another country while still accessing your local e-shop.
- IP Shuffle: Using IP Shuffle, HideMyAss randomizes your IP addresses anywhere from every 10 minutes to once a day based on your choice. Trackers won’t be able to keep up as you jump from IP address to IP address in any of the 290+ locations of HideMyAss.
- Leak protection: HideMyAss uses its own no log HMA DNS servers to handle all the DNS requests, which keeps users private and encrypted and protects them from dangerous malware and phishing sites.
- Military-grade encryption: HMA uses the highest encryption standard which is a 256-bit AES.
- DDoS protection: HideMyAss has servers that are strengthened against DDoS attacks. This provides users with robust protection against any attackers trying to take them off the web.
- Servers: HideMyAss has 1000+ servers in 290+ locations across 190+ countries.
HideMyAss has the following subscription plans:
- 1 Year Plan: This plan costs a total of $83.88 for 12 months. The per month cost for this plan is $6.99.
- 3 Year Plan: This plan has the best value out of all the other plans. At $3.99 it costs $143.64 for 36 months.
Best VPN Free Trial Reddit With A Money-Back Guarantee
1. NordVPN – Best VPN Reddit in 2023
Click The Button below and sign up for NordVPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!
Unlike the other two VPNs on this list, NordVPN doesn’t have a free trial at all. Not even on mobile devices. However, like the other two it has a 30-day money-back guarantee for all its plans. Coming to the functionality of the VPN, these are its features that you can try out.
- Kill Switch: If your VPN connection is ever interrupted or if the connection fails, NordVPN will make sure to immediately stop any kind of traffic from either entering or leaving your device. So your personal information including your IP address will not be exposed to your ISP or any other prying eyes.
- Private DNS: NordVPN uses its own private Domain Names System(DNS). This means all the DNS queries of the users will go through an encrypted tunnel. These queries are then resolved on the same VPN server the user is connected to. So there will be no activity logs, no connection logs, no DNS blocking, and no third parties.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES): NordVPN uses AES encryption in all their connections. They use 256-bit key encryption along with AES. They also use a 4096-bit RSA key to privately communicate with all your devices.
- Double VPN: NordVPN will pass your data through multiple servers. It will encrypt your data at every server. So all your data is protected with an extra layer of encryption which makes it even harder to decrypt.
- Strict No Log Policy: NordVPN claims that they don’t log any of your online activities. They do not store connection timestamps, session information, used bandwidth, traffic data, IP addresses, or other data.
- Servers: NordVPN currently has a total of 5679 servers spread across 59 countries. Each of these servers has a dedicated IP address.
What Reddit thinks about NordVPN:
u/IAmMohit: “Nord VPN. Been using it for three years. Very satisfied. Has dedicated servers for Netflix.”
u/mdkb: “I am in Aus and went for NordVPN after some research, and though I found it a bit fiddly at first, like I have to keep changing servers almost every day and hunt for something that works, even to get simple traffic or a ping working. It seems pretty good once I find a country that is working. speeds can vary but its working ok.”
u/Naturist02: “I run NordVPN on Windows, MAC, and Linux Mint. I love it. Install NordVPN via the Terrminal on Linux. . It’s easier to use. Also if you run it in Terminal it only works with the TCP connections.”
u/monk12314: “I love Nord but a few notes: amazon, Netflix, and Hulu may not work for you (amazon never works for me no matter server (in us)) and I’d move away from Google as they have those annoying recaptcha every time I use them. Other than that Amazing service! Really don’t let those negatives move you away I’ve loved them for 2 years already.”
NordVPN has a few quite affordable plans that you can choose from. They have 4 different plans which are:
- Monthly: This is the shortest and the most expensive of all its plans. It costs $ 11.95 for one month.
- 1 Year plan: The subscription for this plan is priced at $ 83.88. This comes with a 41 % discount which saves a total of $ 59.52. The per month cost for this plan is $ 6.99.
- 2 Year Plan: The subscription for this plan is priced at $ 119.76. This comes with a 58 % discount which takes the savings to a total of $ 167.04. The per month cost for this plan is $ 4.99.
- 3 Year Plan: This is the best plan that NordVPN has to offer. The subscription for this plan is priced at $ 125.64. This plan comes with a 70 % discount which takes the savings to a total of $ 304.56.
2. ExpressVPN – Free Trial ON Mobile + 30 Days Money Back
Click The Button below and sign up for ExpressVPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs out there. While it doesn’t have a completely free trial for all its apps, you can try out its mobile app with a free 7 days. For our purposes it has a 30-day money-back guarantee if we don’t like it and need a refund. So what are the features that ExpressVPN has?
- IP address Masking: ExpressVPN uses an encrypted tunnel to connect your device and the internet. During this it masks your IP address with its IP address. This makes it impossible to trace your internet activity back to you.
- Network Lock: Network Lock is to ExpressVPN what Kill Switch is to NordVPN. So whenever your VPN connection is disturbed, Network Lock comes into play. It blocks all internet traffic. This prevents your IP from being exposed.
- Zero-knowledge DNS: ExpressVPN has its DNS that it runs on each of its servers. That means that your activities are private. This is because your personally identifiable data is never stored on any server. So there will be no activity logs, no connection logs, no DNS blocking, and no third parties.
- VPN split tunneling: This is a feature using which ExpressVPN excludes certain traffic from the protection of its VPN encryption. So using Split Tunneling you protect only that traffic that you need to protect.
- Best-in-class Protection: ExpressVPN uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with 256-bit keys to encrypt your information. Also known as AES-256, it is used by security experts worldwide to protect classified information. This means that your data is safe with ExpressVPN
- Bypass ISP throttling: ExpressVPN also lets you bypass the throttling that your ISPs impose. It lets you use the full bandwidth no matter how many times your ISP throttles your speed.
- Servers: ExpressVPN has around 3,000+ VPN servers in 160 VPN server locations in 94 countries. ExpressVPN is the only VPN that has a server in 90+ countries. All their servers have a pretty high speed that lets you stream Kodi, buffer-free.
What Reddit thinks about ExpressVPN
u/danielsuarez369: ExpressVPN is probably the best VPN out there. Honestly stay away from VPNs like PIA.
u/Cast87: My 12 month subscription (+3 months free) is coming to an end this month and I was just looking to see if there was a cheaper VPN available. I guess I’ll stick with expressVPN, they might be more expensive but you pay for quality. Never had a problem with it, running on W7, W10 and Android.
u/TommyJarvis12: Yep, I have zero complaints with ExpressVPN. I’ve been using it for about 6 months now. You get 30 days free too.
ExpressVPN has three different plans.
- Monthly: This is priced at $12.95 and is the most expensive among all its plans
- 6-month plan: This plan costs $59.95 and is billed once per 6 months. The per month cost for this plan is $9.99
- 15-month plan: This is their most popular plan. It costs $99.5 and is billed once in 15 months. The per month cost for this plan is $6.67.
3. Surfshark – 7 Days VPN Free Trial On Mobile With Credit Card
Click The Button below and sign up for Surfshark VPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!
The second VPN in this list also offers a free 7 day trial for its mobile users. That’s all it has to offer in terms of a free trial. However, it has a 30 days money-back guarantee for other users. It is a relatively new VPN and is based in the British Virgin Islands. Concerning performance, here are its features.
- Network Protocols: Surfshark also supports three protocols which are: IKEv2, OpenVPN, and Shadowsocks. Shadowsocks is an encrypted proxy that was designed specifically to help people overcome the restrictions of the so-called Great Firewall of China.
- Data encryption: Surfshark uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption to encrypt all user’s connections. They use a 256-bit key for this. they also use a 2048-bit RSA key to privately communicate with all your devices.
- Private DNS: Surfshark also uses a private Domain Name System(DNS). This means the DNS queries of the users go through an encrypted tunnel. This is then resolved on the same VPN server the user is connected to.
- VPN Kill Switch: Surfshark has a VPN Kill Switch that blocks all traffic from going in and out of the network. This takes place every time the VPN connection is interrupted.
- Servers: Surfshark has around 1040+ servers in 61+ countries. All these servers are encrypted and provide you with a secure and protected connection. The speeds of these servers are also very good. We never encountered any buffering issues while testing it out.
What Reddit thinks about Surfshark
u/Willingplane: I use Surfshark and no problem with Netflix and a number of other services, but haven’t been able to get it to work with Amazon Prime video service.
Have it installed on 16 devices, have been using for over a month and no crashes either, but don’t torrent anyway.
u/n1ght_w1ng08: I’m also using Surfshark, but I setup OpenVPN on DDWRT. I agree with you there are occasional lags with the Windows App. But the Android one is stable.
u/HollyMullvad: First time surfshark user here. Using it for some days now, and i like it! On android i’m using their client and with the help of android 9.0 killswitch is possible. On my mac, i’m using Viscosity app to handle it using openvpn config files, so i can select specific servers, and it looks better on MACOS. also using littlesnitch to handle as a killswitch
Surfshark has one of the most affordable plans ever introduced by any of the premium VPNs. The details are as follows.
- Monthly: This plan costs $ 11.95. It is billed monthly and costs $ 143.40 for a full year.
- 1 Year Plan: The plan costs a total of $ 71.88. The per month cost for this plan is $ 5.99. This plan accounts for a 50 % saving which is a total of $ 71.52. This plan is billed once every year.
- 2 Year Plan: At $ 47.76 for 2 years this is the best deal anyone can ever get. The per month cost for this plan is an unbelievable $ 1.99. The plan is billed once in 2 years.
Found The VPN Free Trial Without credit Card you were looking for?
These were a few of the best VPNs that you could try out without spending any money. This will help you make a better choice as to which VPN suits you better. While only a few of these VPNs had a 7-day trial, all of them a money-back guarantee as well. So we hope this article was helpful to you and enables you to choose the VPN that is perfect for you.