ConvertKit is built for creators ie. Bloggers, YouTubers, course creator, podcasters and if you a “creator” it’s honestly the best service for email marketing if you run a blog or any kind of content business! It’s super easy to use interface makes it easy to launch a marketing campaign. The ConvertKit Pricing is pretty great & definitely value for the money for the features you get.
If you run you number you might think that ConvertKit is more expensive than Aweber or Mailchimp, though ConvertKit is more expensive at face value, many people actually save money when they make the switch.
Here’s how: MailChimp and Aweber charge you for duplicate subscribers & Aweber also charges you for people who’ve unsubscribed. ConvertKit is actually quite a bit cheaper. And you get the wonderful benefits of using tags instead of multiple lists which means you don’t ever have to worry about duplicate subscribers.
ConvertKit Freeium Plan
ConvertKit went Freemium in 2020 and launched a free plan for landing page!
What’s included in the ConvertKit Freeium Plan?
- Unlimited landing pages or opt-in forms to start growing your audience
- To send email, you can either upgrade to a paid account for $29/month OR if you invite a friend through our referral program you’ll unlock subscriber management (tags, segments, and more!) and the ability to send broadcast emails for up to 100 subscribers.
- For every invite accepted you unlock another 100 subscribers!
- Once you upgrade to a paid account you will get all the automation features and you keep the additional subscribers you got from your invites.
ConvertKit Pricing Plans
ConvertKit is available in 4 different pricing plans based on the size of the list:
- Up to 1k subscribers: $29/month
- Up to 3k subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 5k subscribers: $79/month
- Bigger Lists: Depends on size
All plans have all ConvertKit features. The highest plan >5000 subscribers have a free add-on of “Free concierge migration”
If you pay Annually for ConvertKit ie 12 months at a time, you can 2 months for free. That’s about 17% discount!
If you’re creating a new account (and not signing up for the free trial) you can directly pay for the 12 months and start using ConvertKit by clicking here.
ConvertKit Pricing FAQs
How much does ConvertKit cost?
The ConvertKit pricing is super easy to understand: all the plans have almost the same features. The prices are based on the number of subscribers. ConvertKit has a free plan with unlimited landing pages and the paid plans start $29 a month for a maximum of 1,000 contacts, $49 per month for up to 3,000 subscribers or $79 monthly for a list of 5,000 contacts.
Does ConvertKit have a free plan?
Yes, the ConvertKit Free Plan allows you to build unlimited landing pages or opt-in forms to start growing your audience. However to send emails, you have to either upgrade to a paid account for $29/month OR if you invite a friend and unlock 100 subscribers.
Is ConvertKit Better Than MailChimp?
MailChimp is a list centric provider, while ConvertKit is subscriber centric. In my experience ConvertKit is miles ahead of anything MailChimp offers while being much cheaper. You can easily organize your subscribers with tags and segments.