Here are five amazing Cameras Like GoPro But Cheaper that I’ll dive into in this article
- Akaso V50 Pro – Best Camera Like GoPro But Cheaper 2023
- Akaso EK7000 – Camera Like GoPro Clone But Cheaper
- Eken H9R – An All-rounder Camera Like GoPro
- VTech Kidizoom – Camera Like GoPro But Cheaper For Kids
GoPro began as a dream of a surfer and motorsport enthusiast who just wanted to film himself in a seamless way and share it with his friends and family. 19 years & 26 million units later, GoPro today has become more of a necessity for every person that wants to create content via videos and display it to the whole wide world. A GoPro might look tiny but does a lot more than you can imagine.
- GoPro is tiny, and you can carry it everywhere you travel!
- GoPro is rugged and can withstand almost everything.
- GoPro can also be used as a point and shoot camera with various wide angles.
- GoPro’s colour balance and definition is better than most smartphones today.
But such a premium product does carry a hefty price tag too. So if you’re looking for cheaper camera, then you’ve reached on the right page! Read below to find five amazing cameras like GoPro But Cheaper.
Cameras like GoPro But Cheaper Reddit
1. Akaso V50 Pro – Best Camera Like GoPro But Cheaper
What Reddit Thinks about this GoPro Knockoff:
u/RC_Squirrel – I just used my v50 elite in Fiji. It held up well but the video needs a lot of color correction. The built in dive setting did ok but orange bleeds out badly. I’ll see if I can post some short clips of the raw video so you can see for yourself
u/flowrider1969 – I have the V50 Elite and it’s been good. My only complaint is that the low light is not great since I film a lot in the forest mountain biking
Reason to buy – Akasa V50 Pro perhaps is one of the best alternatives if you’re looking for something like the GoPro. It offers multiple features and is known for its durability.
Here’s what Akaso V50 Pro has to offer:
- You can shoot 4k/30 FPS videos and expect amazing quality.
- Using their 20 mp snapper, you can shoot photos at and capture life’s priceless moments. The photo quality is very good.
- The storage is supported via a micro SD that can go up to 64 GB.
- The V50 Pro has Electronic Image stabilization (EIS) that means you will get clear and crisp photos and videos!
- The V50 Pro is often touted as being better than many previous GoPro models because of the quality it offers.
- And finally, you can get this at less than half the price of purchasing a new GoPro.
- Low light videos shot via the V50 Pro might be grainy and not give you the result you expect.
- It’s not completely waterproof and needs a good cover, so that means more expenses.
2. FITFORT 4K ACTION CAMERA – Cheapest Camera Like GoPro
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
Reason to buy: Slightly cheaper at $50 you can get yourself a sweet 4k video action camera. Its specs may not be as impressive as the GoPro but the Fitfort still does a decent job at 25 fps at 1080p footage at 60fps. It is also not for sport but simply for those who want to capture their travel and don’t plan on using for adventure sport.
The Fitfort is for those who are just simply looking to get something that works like an action camera but doesn’t care or need high specifications. They just need something for leisure and don’t plan on using the device as much. The Fitfort 4k will do everything an average action camera can do and does have some notable features but don’t expect to do something extraordinary.
The Verdict: The Fitfort has some quality features but I feel like it lacks in other important areas like video recording in 4K. Maybe if this isn’t something you need then definitely this is a good option to go for. For the price, you simply cannot go wrong.
3. Akaso EK7000 – Budget GoPro Knockoff
Reason to buy – Akaso EK7000 is almost like a clone of a GoPro but only cheaper! Sure, it does a pretty decent job and tries its best to be like a GoPro but does it actually do the job?
Read it’s features below to understand how this twin actually fares:
- You can shoot 4K/30fps videos.
- Using the 12MP snapper, you can click amazing photos.
- The storage supports a micro SD card only up to 32 GB.
- The EK7000 has a host of photo shooting modes right from a single shot, burst-shot, time-lapse etc.
- The EK7000 has one of the best responsive Wi-Fi remote so you can capture moments in real-time without any delay.
- When you purchase it via Amazon, you get tons of accessories for free along with the action camera.
- Like the ACT74, the EK7000 too doesn’t have any image stabilization.
- The audio is a cause of worry as it sounds quite muffled even in a quiet surrounding.
4. Akaso Brave 5 – Great GoPro Knockoff
In 2017 the Akaso Brave 4 was my go-to recommendation of the best camera like GoPro but cheaper in 2017, however, as the year came to an end Akaso released the new Akaso Brave 5 giving a massive and releasing a great camera at the $100 mark!
Akaso Brave 5 Review
With an incredible camera that takes the 4K/30fps, 2K/30fps and 1080P/60FPS video resolution and 20MP photos, the Akaso Brave 5 at the sub-100 price gives the new GoPros a run for their money.
Great features worth pointing is the built-in gyroscope for anti-shaking and image stabilization so that your video is much smoother and you aren’t giving all your Instagram followers a migraine from watching your snorkeling videos, combined with the built-in waterproofing (without a case) the Akaso Brave 5 is a great camera to pick up if you spend a lot of time snorkeling or kayaking!
The Brave even comes with a touch screen display to put them on par with the new GoPro along with wireless connectivity so you can copy your pictures to your phone in an instant.
Akaso Brave 5 vs GoPro Hero 6 Black vs Akaso V50 Pro Native
So how does the Brave 5 compare with the Hero 6? Well, in all honesty, it’s more like an alternative to the GoPro Hero 5 rather than the GoPro Hero 6.
If you aren’t that worries about the lack of a mic port (which I’m sure most of you won’t) you are fine getting the Brave 5, but if have a few more dollars and want a real alternative to the GoPro Hero 7, you’re better off the with V50 Pro Native.
5. VTech Kidizoom – Camera Like GoPro But Cheaper For Kids
Reason to buy – Yes, there’s an action camera purely for pre-teen kids. Vtech has got out one of the most durable cameras ever for our young movie makers. With this, your kids can capture their everyday life, and you can capture their childhood.
Here are some of its features:
- Perfect for kids to shoot day to day videos, time-lapse photos.
- Along with the camera, you get 3 mounts, a wrist strap and a waterproof case.
- The storage supports a Mirco SD card up to 32 GB.
- Battery life is amazing, and you can capture up to 240 video minutes or 278,400 pictures!
- It’s highly durable as kids are not that attentive to maintaining gadgets.
- The picture quality is lower than all the options mentioned on this list.
What is this hype about GoPro alternatives? What can it better do for me anyway than the GoPro?
GoPro is considered to be the best action camera. Each year when they release a new model, everyone is awestruck for the quality they bring to the table. But with that kind of quality, comes a high cost that many cannot afford.
Often 1 GoPro’s cost clashes with a high-end smartphones cost and customers get confused on what to purchase. Hence they opt for a smartphone and then look for alternatives that are cheaper, so they can also experience and capture moments.
GoPro alternatives also have a similar hype because some of the options cost as little as 1/6th of its costing. Sure, they might not deliver the exact features like the original, but they manage to do a decent job.
For a beginner and learner, starting with a cheaper alternative, gives a fair idea of action cameras.
Many purchase a GoPro to look cool but fail to utilize it to its potential. Please remember that whether it’s a GoPro or any of the above 5 options, you will always capture moments in clear quality. So why not start with a cheaper option, right?
Yes, you might think that content via GoPro is better than content via the cheaper options. But let us remind you that creating content using a similar product is still creating content only. At the end of the day, GoPro might offer you better quality, but if your content is not good, nothing will get better. Hence please don’t make a hasty decision.
Should you purchase a GoPro alternative? Or why you should not?
YES – You can create content via videos (vlogs), travel/family events etc. Utilize it and understand all its features. This will help you decide if you really need a GoPro or if a cheaper alternative is fine.
NO – If the costing is not an issue, please do take the GoPro because it’s the best. Don’t opt for the 5 options mentioned above, if you’re expecting each aspect to be like the GoPro. They will be similar in a few modes but not in all.
Cameras like GoPro But Cheaper Buyer’s Guide
Asking you to purchase one of the many options is a difficult task for us. Hence we came up with an idea to bring you five amazing alternatives that can be considered as a replacement of the GoPro.
We have ensured that we give you clear details along with their pros and cons. This is to give you a fair idea on what to expect if you’re buying a certain action camera. Our review is unbiased, and we aren’t promoting any of these options ( Don’t worry, none of them has paid us to promote it).
Feel free to comment below if you still have any doubts. We will give you all our information so you can make the best purchase decision.
Do you wish to know how we would choose a GoPro alternative? It’s quite simple. We would be like a customer that’s looking for a smartphone. Yes, it might sound funny to you, but that’s the actual fact. There are 4 things we would look at and accordingly make our decision. Here are the pointers:
- Features – Isn’t it obvious? We would first look at the features of the action camera. Please note that you must shortlist 2-3 features that must be there mandatory.
- Costing – Next, we would look at how affordable the costing is. We wish to find the camera that gives the best features at a reasonable cost. Hence please keep a budget in mind and stick to it.
- Durability – Apart from the costing and features, what you must also look at is the durability of the action camera. If the camera gets scratched and affected with one simple fall, then you must look for a durable and rugged option.
- Rating – Reading reviews will always help as people have used it firsthand. Sure, some of the reviews might look biased, but not all. People write on Amazon as well, and you can understand what went right and what went wrong for them.
5 Best Cameras Like GoPro But Cheaper
In all honesty, each of these 5 Cameras Like GoPro But Cheaper is amazing. Your final choice will be based on the features each provides and their costing.
We are sure that after you read this article, you will be able to make a decision with ease. But please note that we have just given you 5 options and there are even more options in the market.
Last update on 2023-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API