Last Updated on September 25, 2022
TLDR: If you’re in a hurry the Webflow is the Best Website Builder according to Reddit! While WordPress is better if you’re on a budget.
Building a website from scratch today is much easier than it used to be. A reliable and good website builder could make you a professional overnight. A website builder provides templates that you can customize according to your personality. You can start a blog, make a landing page, create a homepage, a forum, a store, a forum discussion, and much more without coding skills. Other options include helping you build your online brand.
Website builders have gotten better over the years. Having many website builders on the market today makes it tricky to find the right one for you. If you are looking for opinions or top recommendations from Reddit then you are in the right place.
In this article, we have given you the top recommendations by Redditors along with the pros and cons of the best website builders.
Before we list the best website builders, let’s look at how to choose the right website builder. If you are unsure of what you want, check out the essential features a website builder must have given below.
Essential features of a Website Builder
- Easy to use: Website builders should be very straightforward to use. It should enable you to create and launch a website as quickly as possible. If the interface is difficult to use and understand, it could waste your time. A clean and organized interface ensures that the job’s quick and effortless.
- Pricing: Look for website builders that offer the most value for the price. Look out for any additional or extra costs. Some website builders offer free plans or trial accounts. But these may have limited features or storage.
- Quality of templates: The templates offered by the website builder need to be of good quality. They need to be clean, modern, and mobile-friendly with customizable designs. It makes the website more attractive and gives you enough room to add your features.
- Plugins: Plugins help boost the website’s flexibility by creating an intuitive user experience design. It attracts more people to your website and makes them engage more with it.
- Powerful SEO tools: Search engine optimization will increase the ranking of your website on the result pages. A powerful SEO tool increases the website’s visibility, and the readability of the content increases organic traffic and boosts your digital marketing strategies. Website builders with a powerful SEO tool ensure that your website ranks high.
- Great customization options: A website builder with customization tools allows you to change the look and the feel of the website. You can change the website’s themes, background, or color from time to time to make it more attractive. Access to templates’ HTML/CSS codes gives you more advanced options for customization.
- Reliable security features: Website builders must provide security solutions or security plugins. Most website builders offer free SSL certificates. It ensures that your website is a hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) site. It encrypts all the information on your website such as sensitive customer data.
- eCommerce solutions: eCommerce solutions or tools allow you to sell products on your website. A website builder may provide a built-in online store or an integrated third-party application. Dedicated eCommerce builders have additional tools and features to build a full-function online store.
- Compatibility with web hosting: For easier integration and website monitoring, ensure that the website builder you choose is compatible with the popular web hosting services. If the website builder is fully hosted you don’t have to pay to make your site appear on various servers.
- Website analytics and reports: It lets you track the daily visitors to your website. Website builders that allow third-party analytics integration (like Google Analytics) are an added advantage.
- Customer Support: Having excellent customer support can go a long way in making website building an easy and stress-free process. It saves you a lot of time and frustration. A website builder with knowledgeable customer support can help you find the right solutions to your problems.
Make sure the website builder can handle your needs as your business grows. We have reviewed the various website builders recommended on Reddit based on the above criteria and made a list of the best website building software according to Reddit.
Best Website Builders Reddit 2022
1. Webflow – Best Website Builder According To Reddit
Webflow is excellent for those with no technical knowledge and developers and designers alike. It is an easy-to-use DIY site builder for beginners and provides complex functionality to professionals. It has great features and professionally-designed templates perfect for your brand and goals.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/SpicyAbsence “The clients love the interface, so do the devs, and so do the designers. That’s why it’s winning so much ground and you hear the Webflow name so often. Give Webflow a go on the free trial and test the experience out with one of their templates”
u/insynco “I love Webflow. For me, it beats any other CMS platform I’ve used. It’s flexible, stable, and intuitive. Lots of excellent tutorials available online and fantastic support. The only downside is the high price, but I suppose you get what you pay for.”
u/Insane_Tobi “I sometimes find myself comparing Webflow to photoshop. You can customize every detail of every aspect of your site. All this comes at a very reasonable price. The site builder itself is free. Webflow has a lot (and I mean a lot) of very detailed and quite entertaining videos to learn the program/workflow step by step which helped me a lot in the beginning.”
- Backup and security: Webflow provides automatic backups so you can restore your site if something goes wrong. It also comes with a free SSL certificate. This makes personal information on your site more secure.
- SEO Control: Webflow lets you edit metadata, create image alt text, and target keywords. It also offers automatically generated sitemaps and customizable 301 redirects.
- eCommerce features: Webflow has incredible eCommerce features like multiple payment options, automatic tax calculation, and Facebook and Instagram integration.
- Customer Support: Web flows has a help center called Webflow University. This online resource gives you information on how to use the platform and how specific integrations work. They also have a Webflow community forum where users discuss the platform and share experiences. Customer support is reachable via email.
- Pricing: Webflow has various plans for blogs, eCommerce, small businesses, and big enterprises. It is value for money as Webflow offers greater creative control and scalability. The free plan has standard elements and is perfect for those who want to build a simple website.
2. Squarespace – Most Popular Website Builder
Squarespace is a dream for creatives and comes highly recommended by Redditors too. It has some of the best quality designs and functionality compared to its competitors. It has incredible website templates and rich features. Its ease of use, design, pricing and tools make it a winner.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/Timely_Replacement39 “Squarespace is the best option out there imo. Easy drag and drop interface and they provide a full solution (so you don’t need to worry about getting a server and taking care of it, optimizing it, securing your website, etc – they do it all for you) They have some of the best free templates I have seen. They offer a free trial with no credit card necessary.”
u/Retiredclog32 “First of all Squarespace has a free trial. It’s a super easy plug-and-play solution. they take care of the server (speed, security, etc), they take care of updates, plugins, etc. Also, I connect with the interface very well. The team who made it did a great job and it’s very intuitive to use. I made some gorgeous websites in a very short time and without too much effort.”
u/Emsteroo “For the simplicity and efficacy of Squarespace I’m willing to pay the price. It is expensive but it’s so much easier than other platforms and the templates look very professional. Compared to paying a designer it’s good value. All in all, the price is worth it for me and my biz.”
- Security: Squarespace offers free SSL certificates that encrypt any information entered on your website. It also has built-in security to fight malware and bugs. Its DDoS protection secures your website from malicious traffic.
- Backups and restores: You can restore deleted pages up to 30 days after deleting them. Squarespace makes backup copies of all websites. It is stored in primary and secondary servers and physical and off-site storage disks.
- SEO tools: Squarespace has great SEO as all its pages follow SEO best practices. It allows you to manage titles, adding keywords and alt text to make your website rank higher on the results page.
- Social Media Integration: Squarespace links accounts from 20 social platforms to share the content. It allows you to sync with Dropbox to provide access to photo collections and import content to your website from Instagram and other platforms.
- Design Customization: Squarespace offers very stylish and aesthetic templates. All templates are mobile responsive. These templates are highly flexible. You can replace images, add or delete elements and manage multiple pages at once. It gives you the freedom to express your style in the templates.
Wix is one of the top recommendations by Redditors for the best website builder. It makes it super easy to create a professional website with its drag-and-drop editor. It is beginner-friendly and scalable, making it the best all-around website builder on the market. It offers great creative control and is very easy to use.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/web-dev-kid “I built two Wix sites for SEO clients a few years ago and they both started ranking well within a matter of months. They’ve been solidly on the first page ever since. Wix is not the best for speed, but the sites can still do well.”
u/t-brave “I use Wix and love it. I sell craft supplies and have about 5,000 products. I take about 100 orders per day on average. I’ve had really good luck with customer service. I’ve had an overall good experience and am glad to be standalone. I don’t pay a percentage of my sales to Wix, just the monthly fee. I get very few complaints or questions about how to use my site from my customers.”
u/djkamayo “What makes Wix the best one is that you customize ANYTHING on it the exact way you want. With the other website builders, you are only limited to the template you are using”
- Security: Wix offers an SSL certificate to make your website extra secure. It also has hosting plans with 99.98% uptime reliability and extra features like automatic backups and safe storage of copies of your site. Their security measures meet the highest industry standards.
- Wix Editors: Wix has two editors: Wix ADI and Wix Editor. Wix ADI designs websites based on answers you give to a few questions. With Wix Editor you can use the drag-and-drop functionality to reposition anything on your website.
- Value for money: Wix has it all free plans, paid plans, and a money-back guarantee. Its high-end business solution, Wix Enterprise, has a custom plan. They also have plans specifically for eCommerce. You get more value for money with long term plans as you end up paying less.
- Great templates: Wix has over 800 templates that are professionally designed. These designs are up-to-date and trendy. The templates are mobile responsive. They are categorized into types of websites to make it easy for you to choose.
- Design Customization: Wix offers you the creative freedom you need. Making tweaks to the templates is very easy with just a few clicks. It has professional photos, graphics, and a video library. It helps you make your website look attractive and saves you time.
4. WordPress – Best Budget Website Builder
WordPress is the most robust website builder and is free too! WordPress may not be for everyone. If you need more control and customization then WordPress is a great choice. It has an easy-to-use dashboard and a straight-out-of-the-box web design setup. You can get the precise look and setup for your website with WordPress.
Bluehost Coupon Code 2022: Auto Applied
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/FestingerVault “I think WordPress can be used for simple static websites as well, especially with the Elementor Template Kits, which can be used to make very simple and basic websites. WordPress is great as it creates a solid base for your website. WordPress has been leading and I think it can be used for any website.”
u/Zazenp “WordPress Pros: can be made into almost any type of site you need, can be on any hosting solutions you want, usually cheaper if you get basic hosting packages, SEO can be fantastic if you do it right, easy to find developers”
u/CharlieandtheRed “WordPress is great for clients who update their content a lot or have dynamic content needs (blog posts, events, etc). I’ve got about 250+ WordPress sites under my belt in 10+ years”
- Great functionality and product design: If you know how to work the theme and use WordPress you can hope to have a final product that looks like you expected. Once you know how to tweak the theme you will have a fully functional site and professional design. You can add plugins to increase the functionality of your site.
- Dashboard: The Dashboard hosts the back end of the website. You can add plugins, change settings, edit your navigation menus, and much more from the Dashboard. It is easy to use even if you are not a professional web designer. You can use Dashboard widgets to enhance its main overview.
- Customizability: Some customization features are plugins, settings, menus, and widgets. It ensures that everything looks the way you want it. You can edit general site settings on the WordPress Dashboard.
- SEO Optimization: WordPress has SEO-friendly features with its code streamlined and clean. The best way to improve your SEO performance is by keeping the add-ons to a minimum.
- Security: WordPress offers websites regular core software updates to keep them secure. It notifies users when new updates are available. Software updates prevent vulnerabilities that lead to hacking.
4. Shopify – Best Website Builder For Ecommerce Stores
Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce website builder which is very easy to use. It is the ideal solution if you want to build a website to sell products. It is a quick and affordable way to create an online store. It is a well-maintained platform with excellent website management.
What Redditors had to say about it:
u/cubic-dissection “Shopify offers a ton of value, particularly for a new seller or someone not very tech-inclined. As a retailer, you want to spend your time on marketing, CS, and (hopefully) fulfillment. Shopify isn’t perfect but they take care of a lot of stuff to the point it becomes largely transparent. They also scale well if your store becomes successful.”
u/paulpaul25 “If you are not a web developer, stick with Shopify. The truth is, for most of its alternatives you’ll be spending a lot more time or money (if you hire someone) making the smallest things look good and be 100% functional.”
u/Fulfillrite “From my research, it’s really hard to compete with Shopify’s mix of function, simplicity, and low prices.”
- Easy to use: It has a clear and simple interface which makes it easy for beginners to understand and use. There is a step-by-step Shopify guide to assist you in your journey.
- Good value for money: Shopify has a 14-day free trial with no pressure to sign up. It has three main plans starting from $9 per month. Shopify offers unlimited products, abandoned cart recovery, and multichannel integration.
- Themes: Shopify themes are clean and appealing. They contain a customizable content section on the home page, drop-down navigation support, free theme updates, social media icons, and free stock photos.
- Sales tools and features: Shopify offers analytics, abandoned cart recovery, and multiple payment gateways. Some of its sales tools and features are apps, shipping, dropshipping, product management, digital selling, tax, and POS.
- SEO Tools: Shopify has an excellent range of SEO tools and covers all essential areas from header code to custom URLs.
- Security: Shopify stores are automatically secure. It offers protection against cyber threats. It runs updates and meets compliance requirements for online transactions.
When choosing the right website builder for your business or brand you must know what you are looking for. The website builder that you choose should be customizable enough to give your visitors the best experience. The design of your website should be something that will grab the attention of your viewers effortlessly. The website builders that we have listed above will help you do just that and much more.