If I had a penny for every time VPN users had to face some kind of inconvenience because of that particular VPNs tracking policy or something even worse where they had their data sold off, then I would finally be able to one of those premium VPNs that won’t resort to these tricks. The types of VPNs that don’t have to depend on selling its users’ private data for earning some profit or in some cases even remain functional. Jokes apart, there have been countless occurrences where a VPN is known to be selling the users’ data. There have also been occasions where the users landed terribly because of the provider’s logging policy.
This especially is the case in countries where there are data retention leases or those that belong to some kind of organization like the 7 eyes organization. Knowing that all these things may happen, one should be really careful while choosing a VPN because their security and safety depend on it. For the same purpose we have gone through the logging policies of different VPNs and have listed out a few options with a transparent policy or having a strict no-logging policy. But before that, we should know what logging policy is and how it matters that you can make more informed decisions.
TLDR: Not all VPN’s are equally safe; If you’re in a hurry NordVPN is the Best No Logs VPN!
Click The Button below and sign up for NordVPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!
VPN Logging Policies and How it affects your Security?
A Logging Policy is a Policy that all VPNs have which states the different data and information that the providers track from the user. In most cases, the logging policy alone is responsible for the extent of the users’ privacy. Some VPNs have strict policies and don’t log much while others don’t have any strictness and log everything. So, in layman terms the logging policy of a VPN plays a very important role and is very much relevant to the users’ privacy. Now that we have seen what a logging policy is and the role it plays, the next question that comes to mind is which is the best type of policy for users? We will try to answer this by considering different scenarios.
1. Ideal Scenario
For everyone the most Ideal Scenario will obviously be the one where the VPN provider doesn’t log any information at all. But we seldom get anything ideal in our world. That said, achieving the ideal scenario, in this case, isn’t possible, or at least not feasible. This is because of the way a VPN operates. What I mean is that in order to operate, a VPN will have to log a few information here and there. Without these, it won’t be operable. Any VPN that claims the opposite is lying and might probably dupe your money or something. So if a VPN has to log some data, then what is the best possible scenario for the users? Let’s find out.
2. Best Case Scenario
We have already established that a VPN has to collect some data in order to operate. So keeping this in mind, the best scenario would be where a VPN logs only the required information and nothing other than this. In other words, the VPN provider shouldn’t log sensitive data that may have the potential to compromise the users’ privacy. Any VPN that follows this, is the best option one can get. And this shouldn’t be a surprise that all famous and reputable VPN providers follow this and have this kind of policy. This also means that even when the authorities force the providers to comply and provide their users’ data by citing some national security reasons, they can easily share the data with any worries. This is because there won’t be any compromising and sensitive data at all. In this way, the users’ privacy won’t be compromised in any way. So, if I had to bet on any VPN, you know what kind I am choosing.
In this article, we have compiled a few of the best no tracking VPNs with a strict no-logs policy. So, let’s find out what those VPNs are and what exactly their logging policy is.
Best No Log Anonymous Privacy VPN
Nord VPN is one of the biggest and most reputable VPN providers right now with a large user base. It has a total of 5679 servers in 59 countries spread across the world. It has a large list of features at a very good price and offers great speed. Let’s take a look at its logging Policy.
NordVPN No Log Policy
Here’s what NordVPN states about their policy on their website.
“What does NordVPN know about you?
It’s necessary for creating and managing your user account, resetting the password, and making a VPN connection.
Our payment providers process just enough billing information to make the payments – and refunds – happen. If you want to make an untraceable VPN purchase, we also accept cryptocurrencies.
The timestamp of the last session status
For every user, we allow up to 6 VPN connections at the same time. To enforce the limit, our system tracks the username and the timestamp of the last session status while the session is active. It deletes the data automatically within 15 minutes after you disconnect.
Customer service information
We store the customer service emails and chats that take place through the Contact Us page. Your previous inquiries are a bit like medical history and help us identify the issues more accurately. The communications are stored for 2 years unless you request to remove them.
How you use the NordVPN site
NordVPN.com uses a few types of cookies to improve your experience on the website, such as:
- Google Analytics for statistical analysis and to improve the performance of the website;
- Affiliate cookies to know which customers were referred to the site by our partners;
- Cookies for personalizing the content of the site, for example, setting the default language.
We keep no logs of your activity online
We do not store connection timestamps, session information, used bandwidth, traffic data, IP addresses, or other data. Nothing to store – nothing to share with anyone. ”
NordVPN’s logging policy is very similar to what we discussed in the best-case scenario. They explicitly mention everything they know about the user and also state the reason why they need to know this information. Overall, our verdict is that NordVPN is a no-log VPN and is one of the best VPN for privacy.
Here are a few of NordVPNs top features:
- Kill Switch: This feature stops any kind of traffic from entering or leaving the device if the VPN connection is interrupted or the connection fails to ensure that the users’ private data isn’t compromised.
- Private DNS: NordVPN uses a private Domain Names System(DNS) on their server through which they route and resolve the users’ DNS queries to ensure that there are no activity logs or connection logs.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES): NordVPN uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) along with a 256-bit key for encryption purposes and a 4096-bit RSA key for private communication.
- Double VPN: This feature routes the users’ traffic through multiple servers encrypting it in each of the servers which adds additional layers of encryption and security to the data ensuring that the data can’t be decrypted.
NordVPN offers 4 different plans.
Monthly: The one month plan is priced at $ 11.95 per month and is also the most expensive plan with no discounts.
- 1 Year plan: The 1-year plan is priced at $ 83.88 for 12 months. It offers a 41 % discount which saves about $ 59.52. This makes the per month cost for this plan to be $ 6.99.
- 2 Year Plan: The 2-year plan is priced at $ 83.76 for 24 months and is also currently offering an additional discount of 70% for a limited time which will save about $ 203.04 and make the per month cost for this plan to be $ 3.49.
- 3 Year Plan: The 3-year plan is priced at $ 125.64 for 36 months and has the best value. It offers a 70 % discount and will result in saving a total of $ 203.04 making the per month cost for this plan to be $ 3.49.
ExpressVPN is the biggest competitor of NordVPN and is also one of the leading VPN providers at present. It has a long list of features that will provide the user with a safe and private browsing experience. It has a network of 3,000+ VPN servers in 160+ locations spread across 94 countries worldwide. It is a little expensive compared to other VPNs but makes up for that with its features. Here’s a little dive into the logging policy of ExpressVPN.
Click The Button below and sign up for ExpressVPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!
ExpressVPN No Log Policy
“What ExpressVPN collects and why:
- Apps and app versions successfully activated
- Dates (not times) when connected to the VPN service
- Choice of VPN server location
- Total amount (in MB) of data transferred per day
None of the above data enables ExpressVPN or anyone else to match an individual to specific network activity or behavior. We are unable to answer questions related to data that we do not possess, such as how a customer has used our VPN service.
Why does ExpressVPN need to collect any information at all?
- To troubleshoot technical issues related to ExpressVPN apps
- To provide technical support to customers, identify connection problems, and give country-specific advice on how to use our service
- To enable ExpressVPN engineers to identify and fix network issues
ExpressVPN also collects anonymized analytics data such as speed test data, connection failures, and crash reports. These diagnostic reports do NOT tie back to individual users because we’ve engineered our apps to never know which user sends which data. You can specify in the settings menu of any ExpressVPN App whether you wish to send this data to us.
What ExpressVPN does not and will never collect:
ExpressVPN stores no activity logs and no connection logs from our users. Here’s what that means:
- No activity logs. ExpressVPN does not see or record which websites you visit. We never log the destination or contents of your traffic, and we run our own private, zero-knowledge DNS on every VPN server for added privacy and anonymity.
- No connection logs. ExpressVPN never logs connection timestamps, session duration, your source IP address, or the ExpressVPN IP address that your computer assumes when connected to the VPN.
ExpressVPN does NOT and WILL NEVER log:
- IP addresses (source or VPN)
- Browsing history
- Traffic destination or metadata
- DNS queries
We have carefully engineered our apps and VPN servers to categorically eliminate sensitive information. As a result, ExpressVPN can never be compelled to provide customer data that does not exist.”
ExpressVPN has also taken the best route possible when it comes to tracking user information. They have resorted to collecting only a few minimal information about the user and how they use the service. They have mentioned what they log and what they don’t and would never log. They have also mentioned how they use that data. Our verdict is that ExpressVPN also has a very transparent logging policy and will keep the users’ data completely safe.
Here are a few of ExpressVPN’s top features:
- IP address masking: ExpressVPN masks the users’ IP addresses with their IP address by using an encrypted tunnel to establish the connection to provide additional security and to make it so that no one can trace back any of the users’ internet activity back to the user themself.
- Network Lock: The Network Lock feature protects the users’ privacy and security by disconnecting and preventing any internet traffic from entering or leaving the device whenever the VPN connection is disturbed or is lost so that the IP address isn’t exposed and the users’ privacy and security aren’t compromised.
- Zero-knowledge DNS: ExpressVPN uses a private DNS on all its servers ExpressVPN and also doesn’t store any personally identifiable data of the user to prevent DNS blocking and keep third parties away and ensure that the users’ activities remain private.
- Best-in-class Protection: ExpressVPN uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with 256-bit keys for encryption.
- Bypass ISP throttling: With ExpressVPN you can bypass the speed throttling by your ISPs and get the full bandwidth of your connection
ExpressVPN has three different plans.
- Monthly: This plan costs around $12.95 per month and a full year of subscription will come at $155.4.
- 6-month plan: This plan costs a total of $59.95 in 6 months and the per month cost for this plan is $9.99.
- 12-month plan: This is priced at $99.95 for a year and the per month cost for this plan is $8.32.
3. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN is one of the relatively new VPN servers but has already established itself as one of the biggest names in the VPN industry and has accumulated itself a sizable user base. It has more than 1700 servers in 63 countries spread across the globe. It also has a very aggressive pricing and a huge range of features that make it a great VPN. Let’s check out their logging policy
SurfShark No Log Policy
” Personal information that we collect
- Email address and encrypted password
- Basic billing information and order history
Why do we need this information?
We need your email in order to help you fix any issues that you may encounter.
We need your billing information to successfully create your account. Your billing information will include your payment amount, currency and the date of the payment, as well as what you chose to purchase. You can also opt for total anonymity and pay with cryptocurrency.
Anonymous information we collect for diagnostics
- Aggregated, anonymous performance data
- The frequency of use of our services
- Crash reports on apps
- Unsuccessful connection attempts
Why do we need this information?
We only collect the bare minimum amount of technical data so we can fix any technical issues on a whim. None of this data can be tied to your account.
What does no-log VPN mean?
A VPN that doesn’t keep logs will not collect details like:
- IP address
- Browsing history
- Used bandwidth
- Session information
- Network traffic
- Connection timestamps
In short, a no-log VPN like Surfshark does not keep track of your online whereabouts or actions in any way.”
Surfshark also took a straightforward approach in its logging policy. As expected, they listed out all of the details that they logged and collected and accompanied it with the reasons as to why they were collected. They have also singled out the details they will never log, providing great relief to their users. Our verdict is that Surfshark’s logging policy is just what one should expect from a great VPN provider. To the point and full of details for everything.
Here are a few of Surfshark’s top features:
- VPN Kill Switch: Surfshark uses a VPN Kill Switch to disconnect the user from the internet by immediately blocking any traffic from entering or leaving the network so that the users’ privacy and identity remain safe and protected.
- MultiHop Double VPN: Surfshark’s MultiHop feature connects the user to multiple servers and encrypts them at each layer to ensure that the data has extra layers of security so that it can’t be easily decrypted.
- CleanWeb: The CleanWeb feature makes the web clean for the user by blocking all types of intrusive pop-ups & ads, discarding any suspicious links by filtering out all malicious websites, prevent phishing attempts by blocking fake websites and also reduce the data used by the users.
- NoBorders: This feature can bypass any countrywide restrictions or VPN blocking by reshaping the users’ traffic so that it looks like the user is not using a VPN.
- Camouflage Mode: This ensures that the users’ connection remains private and that it is indistinguishable from a normal connection so that even the ISPs won’t be able to detect a VPN.
- Whitelist: Using Whitelister users can exclude specific apps or websites from using the VPN connection and hence only a part of the traffic will be sent through the encrypted VPN tunnel while the other will use the normal connection with no protection.
Surfshark offers three different subscription plans. These are:
- Monthly: This plan will cost a total of $11.95 for a month and around $143.40 for 1 year of subscription.
- 1 Year Plan: This plan costs $71.88 for a full year after a 50 % discount that saves a total of $71.52 from the original price. The per month cost for this plan is $5.99.
- 2 Year Plan: This plan is priced at $47.76 for 2 years and offers an 83% discount that saves a total of $239.04 from the original price. The per month cost for this plan is $1.99.
PureVPN is a VPN provider based out of Hong Kong. It is one of the more affordable VPNs and has widespread server coverage. It has a network of 2,000+ VPN servers located in 180+ Locations Worldwide spread in 140+ Countries. Here are the details of its logging policy.
PureVPN No Log Policy
” Information We Collect at Signup
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Payment Method
How We Use This Information
- To provide, operate, and maintain our Services
- To improve, personalize, and expand our Services
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- To process your transactions
- To find and prevent fraud
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights
We have no logs or records of:
- Your origin IP address
- Assigned VPN server IP address
- VPN session timestamp
- Your browsing activities
- _DNS requests
In a nutshell:
- We don’t know what you access, browse, upload, or download with our service.
- We are unable to identify at what time you connected to the VPN, with which IP address and which VPN IP was assigned to you.
- Even if we are compelled to share user information, we simply cannot because we have nothing personally identifiable to share.“
In their logging policy, PureVPN has mentioned the details that they collect during sign up and like the other VPNs have also mentioned the reasons why they need these details. Other than this, they also listed out a few information for which they don’t have any logs or records. Our Verdict is that PureVPN is a great VPN for users who are looking for a no-log VPN for better privacy, as evident from their logging policy.
Here are a few of PureVPN’s top features:
- Encryption: PureVPN uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption to encrypt all of the users’ data.
- Internet Kill Switch: PureVPN has a Kill Switch that will block any kind of traffic from either entering or leaving the device if the VPN connection is interrupted or failed so that any personal information isn’t exposed.
- Split Tunneling: PureVPN lets the user to route some of the traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel so that only selected apps will have access to the VPN connection.
- WebRTC Leak Protection: PureVPN masks the users’ IP address with one of its dedicated IP addresses to protect data leaking so that no one can trace the users’ activities.
PureVPN offers the following subscription plans:
- Free Trial: PureVPN also offers a free 7-day trial for 0.99 $ only which lets you try out the VPN and decide whether you like the VPN or not. You should also know that once the trial ends you will be automatically subscribed to the 1-year plan.
- 1 Month Plan: L This plan is priced at $10.95 for a month and will cost $131.4 for a year.
- 6 Month Plan: This plan is priced at $49.98 for 6 months and the per month cost of this plan $8.33.
- 1 Year Plan: This plan is priced at a total of $77.88 for one year of subscription and the per month cost for this plan is $6.49.
5. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost is a VPN provider based out of Roman and Germany. It has grown up to be a VPN giant and boasts an extensive network of over 6400 VPN servers located in 89 countries with more than 10 million active users. They are among the few VPN providers that offer a free trial and let you use their service free of cost for a day without requiring any credit card. They also have an extended 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost No Log Policy
“We keep no logs of your online activity
As a team, we’re committed to protecting your privacy. That’s why we have a strict no-logs policy. Despite numerous legal requests over the years, we’ve never breached our users’ trust or compromised their anonymity.
In the words of our co-founder, Robert Knapp, “The only way to secure your data is not to store it.”
We do not collect or store:
- Your IP address
- Your DNS queries
- Your browsing history
- The web content you accessed
- Your connection timestamps
- Your disconnection timestamps
- Your session duration
- Your bandwidth usage
- The VPN servers you connect to
We have no idea what you do online after you connect to one of our servers, or how much bandwidth you’ve used. It’s none of our business.
We know just the absolute minimum about you
We do not collect any data that is not absolutely necessary for us to deliver you the VPN service. Here’s what we do know about you.
- Email address: In order to create a CyberGhost VPN account, you need a valid email address. You can then use it in the password recovery process. Also, when you contact our Customer Support team, your email address is required to facilitate communication.
- Payment information: Our payment providers will require your billing details to process your payments and refund. However, we do not directly process this, and you can always choose to pay anonymously using Bitcoin.
- Cookie preferences: CyberGhost VPN uses a few 3rd party cookies to improve your experience on the website and help you set your preferences
CyberGhost VPN uses a few 3rd party cookies to improve your experience on the website and help you set your preferences”
CyberGhost VPN, in their logging policy, assure their users that they know the absolute minimum about them and that they don’t collect any unnecessary information that they might not require. They also state that they offer payment via cryptocurrencies for anyone looking for total anonymity. Our verdict is that CyberGhost VPN has one of the most strict logging policies with minimal data collection and along with their crypto payment option are one of the best privacy VPN with no logs.
Here are a few of NordVPNs top features:
- Easily hide your IP: CyberGhost VPN lets the user hide their IP address and replace it with one from their network with a single click and also spoof their location.
- Strong Encryption: CyberGhost VPN uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to encrypt the users’ information and data.
- Unblock streaming services: Using CyberGhost VPN you can unblock content libraries on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc.
CyberGhost VPN offers 4 different plans:
- Monthly: This plan is priced at $12.99 for a month and will cost the user $155.88 for a full year’s subscription.
- 1 Year Plan: This plan is priced at $71.88 for a full year and the per month cost for this plan is $5.99.
- 2 Year Plan: This plan is priced at $88.56 for 2 years and the per month cost for this plan is $3.69.
- 3 Year Plan: This plan is priced at $99 for 3 years and the per month cost for this plan is $2.75. CyberGhost is currently offering 2 extra months of subscription for free with this plan.
Best Anonymous VPN For Privacy Verdict
A proper VPN should have a strict no-log policy so that the users’ don’t get in any trouble, especially those that come under any of the 14 eyes alliance members. We have listed our top 5 picks and have gone through their policies to ensure that they don’t compromise the users’ privacy in any way. So, if you are looking for privacy and no-log VPN, then you can choose any of these VPNs.
Click The Button below and sign up for NordVPN for FREE With A 30-day Money Back Guarantee!