TLDR; If you’re in a hurry the Casper Sleep Original Hybrid Mattress is the Best Mattress according to Consumer Reports! Get it with No gimmicks, no sales tactics and easy returns
- Set Up: Simply take your mattress out of the box and enjoy watching it decompress. Jumping, walking, and sleeping on your mattress can speed up the process.
Getting a good sleep at night is important for your health. It reduces the risk of several diseases and also keeps you active throughout the day. For getting a good sleep, getting the ideal mattress for you is a good step to start with. There are a lot of mattresses out there: memory foam, latex, innerspring, and even fun airbeds. Then there are varying degrees of firmness, often measured with a scale going from 1 to 10, where 1 is the softest and 10 the firmest. If even that’s not enough, you get “King” mattresses and “Queen” mattresses, which make you think you’re back to the feudal era. In such situations, getting the ideal mattress can be quite a hassle. But don’t worry! We’re here with a number of good opinions for you. But before we rush to the list, let’s make a few things clear, which will help you decide your ideal choice for a mattress.
Best Mattress Consumer Reports FAQs
Almost all mattresses come in different sizes and you’d need to choose one of them. Here are the most common sizes of mattresses available in the market:
- Twin: This is the smallest size of mattress you can find. It is 75 inches long and 38 inches wide.
- Twin XL: A bit larger than the Twin size, Twin XL stands at 80 inches long and 38 inches wide.
- Full: Full size is bigger than both Twin and Twin XL, and stands at 75 inches long and 54 inches wide.
- Queen: You’d want to believe that Full size is the largest size available. It’s full, after all. However, Queen size is even larger and stands at 80 inches long and 60 inches wide.
- King: King is the second largest size of mattress available, standing at 80 inches long and 76 inches wide.
- California King: Californian Kings seem to be built differently: the California King is a small modification of the King size and it is the largest size of mattress available. It measures 84 inches long and 72 inches wide.
With that said, let’s go ahead to the list of the best mattresses you can buy right now:
Best Mattress Consumer Reports 2023
1. Casper Sleep Original Hybrid Mattress – Best Mattress According to Consumer Reports
The Casper Sleep Original Hybrid Mattress comes in six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. The price ranges from $1100 to $1770 depending on the size. It’s an innerspring – memory foam hybrid, with the top 2 layers made of foam and the bottom one made of springs. Out of the two layers of foam, the topmost layer is porous, which helps the mattress to “breathe” and therefore keep you cool while sleeping. The mattress also has zoned support, which helps ease tension on your shoulders and back. It is a medium – firm mattress.
2. Sleep Innovations Marley Mattress – Best Budget Mattress
The Sleep Innovation Marley Mattress comes in 5 sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King. There are three thickness options too: 8 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch. The difference in thickness among the three options is a result of the difference in the thickness of the lowermost layer of foam. The price ranges from $219 to $499 depending on the size and thickness. It has 3 layers, with the bottom layer being the base layer, which is also the thickest. The middle layer is perforated foam and the topmost layer is gel infused foam.
3. Amazon Basics Cooling Gel-Infused Memory Foam Mattress
The Amazon Basics Gel-infused memory foam mattress is one of the best budget mattresses you can buy. It comes in five sizes: Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King. It also comes in two thickness variants: 10 inch and 12 inch. The mattress has a three layer design: the topmost layer being a 2 inch gel-infused foam layer, the 3 inch middle layer being channeled foam for better breathability and heat dissipation, and a durable base layer for stability and durability. Consider going for the 12 inch version for better durability and longevity. The mattress has a Medium feel for firmness, both for the 10 inch and 12 inch version.
4. Novaform Comfort Grande Plus Memory Foam Mattress
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
The Novaform Comfort Grande Plus Mattress comes in 4 sizes: Full, Queen, King, and California King. The mattress is 14 inches thick. The price ranges from $419 to $699 depending on the size. The mattress has a pretty strong support due to its 8 inches thick base layer, followed by a 3 inch perforated foam layer in the middle for heat dissipation, and a 3 inch gel infused foam layer for cooling. Its thick profile helps in excellent absorption of movement related impacts, thereby excelling at minimizing motion transfer. The mattress has a medium firm feel.
5. Leesa Studio Memory Foam Mattress
The Leesa Studio Memory Foam Mattress comes in six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. The price ranges from $529 to $899 depending on the size. The mattress is 10 inches thick, and comes with a 3 layer system. It has a 1.5 inch top layer of contouring foam, 1.5 inches thick layer of perforated memory foam in the middle and 7 inches thick base layer for support. The mattress has a medium firm feel overall.
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API